Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day is the time of year when we all rush out and buy flowers and a mushy pink card for our mothers. I followed this tradition. But I have to say, that for some reason, this year, it meant so much more to me.

I feel like now that I am an "adult" that I relate to my mother, not just as the woman who put a band aid on my cuts, but a powerful and independent woman, from whom I can learn so much. And when I started thinking about what my mother has taught me about being a good student, and a dedicated person, I also started thinking about what she has taught me about being a mother and wife.

I am excited to see what my friendship with my mother will teach me in the future.

I love you mom. And I am the best person I could be because you and our family!

I am also so thankful for how blessed my family is - Jackie and I both have jobs, our parents are all in relatively good health. I think this year is going to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment